A home care career – future proof with work-life balance
- Would you like a career that is future proof, less impacted by COVID and lockdowns?
- Are you looking for work that is more fulfilling and rewarding?
- Do you feel you can do more with the skills you have?
- Would you prefer work that has flexibility, work-life balance and security?
- Do you enjoy helping other people?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then consider a career in home care. Our team of staff and carers come from a variety of backgrounds and have brought their wonderfully diverse skills to our home care clients.
The benefits of a career in aged care
There are numerous!
Work-life balance – you can choose to work full or part time hours on the days you prefer and have more time for other activities.
Future proof – you will be joining an industry that is growing. Our population is getting older and there will be plenty of ongoing work in aged care in the future.
Less impacted by lockdown – our carers continue to provide some services to our home care clients within the lockdown guides.
New career opportunities – with the rapid growth of the aged care industry, there are new roles being created to support our ageing community.
Fulfilling and rewarding – you’re caring for people and helping them create a better lifestyle. You’re seeing their lives improve with your help.
A sense of belonging – providing home care services to people in your community allows you to get to know not just your clients, but also other people and businesses providing services in your local community. As a home carer, you’ll be taking your clients out and about to the shopping centre, the local doctor, to their local clubs, and more. This work gives you an opportunity to truly get to know your local community.
Bring your skills to home care
Many of your existing skills may be easily transferrable to home care services. Have a look below to see if you can relate to any of the following:
- You enjoy helping improve the lives of other people
- You like helping people stay physically fit and well through tailored exercise programs or classes
- You’re able to efficiently coordinate and facilitate social events
- You like gardening
- You enjoy spending time outdoors
- You enjoy cooking and making nutritious meals
- You manage customer service enquiries
- You value autonomy in your day to day work and can problem solve easily
- You’re a good listener and empathetic to the needs of others
You can be studying to complete a Cert III in Individual Support while you work in a home care role. The full qualification enables you to work across all aspects of home care, but you can still begin and work toward a goal with our support.
Contact us today to discuss how to bring your skills to St Louis Home Care
Home care includes roles in coordination, facilitation, social programs, caring and more. Please give us a call on 08 8332 0950 to discuss how a career in home care may look for you. You may be surprised at how many skills you have already that you can transfer to St Louis home care.
About St Louis
St Louis has provided individualised aged care services in Adelaide since 1946. Our services include our Adelaide and Victor Harbor in-home care service; through to our boutique retirement village, prestigious nursing home and now our Victor Harbor Esplanade exclusive share home. When you join St Louis, you will be joining and learning from a growing business with more than 75 years’ experience in delivering a high standard of care to older people. St Louis is a family owned and operated company, dedicated to the care of older South Australians.