At a Glance
Established in 1946, St Louis Nursing Home has been providing quality care for Adelaide's elderly for the past 70 years. With a close-knit community of only 45 residents, St Louis is equipped with the resources and experience to provide quality individualised care. Our staff work collaboratively with residents, their families in the admission process to identify care needs and implement a holistic program of care to support residents’ well-being and active lifestyles.
Our Facilities and Services
- Residency can be undertaken on a permanent or respite basis
- Spacious, designer interior and fully-furnished rooms including state-of-the-art beds, wardrobes and individual ensuite amenities
- 24 hour on-site nursing and personal care
- Access to a wide range of on-site allied health and GP services
Our residents enjoy a range of active social, exercise and artistic programs. Regularly scheduled outings ensure that residents have opportunities to maintain their connections with the wider community. Family and friends are encouraged to join us on outings.
- Flexible visiting hours for family and friends
- Range of delicious and dietician-approved menu options prepared on-site by our kitchen staff
- Active resident social, exercise and artistic programs, and regular outings are a major source of enjoyment for residents. Family and friends are actively encouraged to participate in resident activities and frequently join us on social outings.
Applying to Reside at St Louis
At St Louis, we understand that the process of transitioning into residential care can seem highly complex and confronting for residents and their families in the initial stages. Our consultative team are experienced in making this transition as smooth as possible through our application process as described in the 5 simple steps below:
Step 1: Ensuring Eligibility
Prospective residents will require an ACAT (Aged Care Assessment Team) Assessment to be eligible for residency with St Louis. This is a relatively straightforward process as ACATs can be organised through your local GP or hospital discharge unit.
Step 2: Meeting the St Louis Team
We actively encourage prospective residents and their families to take a guided tour of the St Louis Nursing Home as part of the application process. This is a great commitment-free opportunity to meet our friendly staff, see our facilities first-hand, and to ask our consultative team any questions you may have in regards to care, fee structures, resident lifestyle, and current availability of rooms.
Give us a call on (08) 8272 3344 to book a guided tour or speak with a member of our nursing team. Alternatively, we are also able to send out an information pack for prospective residents or family members who live interstate or are unable to visit St Louis in person.
Step 3: Completing Your Application Kit
Upon contacting St Louis to formally apply for residency, we will issue the applying resident or their authorised representative with an application kit. These forms provide St Louis with the basic personal, medical and legally- required financial information needed to commence residency and care. Our admissions team are on-hand to explain and guide you through this process and take any queries you may have at this stage.
Step 4: Confirmation of Acceptance
Subject to room availability, St Louis will then confirm acceptance of the resident’s application directly or with the resident’s authorised representative with a view to commencing the resident induction process. At this stage our admissions team will work with the resident and their family to establish a timeframe for transition into the nursing home.
Step 5: Resident Admission
As residents are welcomed into St Louis Nursing Home, our nursing team undertakes a comprehensive medical assessment in cooperation with the resident’s GP to identify care needs in key areas and implement an individualised program of care. Residents are supported in their transition
Financial Planning and Fee Structure
St Louis Nursing Homes fees are structured with four components as follows with fees being set by the Department of Health and Department of Human Services.
- Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) OR Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP) OR a combination of both
Room Type RAD DAP Extra large single room with ensuite $650,000 $102.93 Standard single room with ensuite $550,000 $87.09 Small single room with ensuite $350,000 $55.42 Single room (shared bathroom) $300,000 $47.50 Shared double room with ensuite $90,000 per person $14.25 Double room with shared bathroom $45,000 per person $7.12
- Basic Daily Fee: covers basic expenses and is set by the Department of Health for each resident following assessment.
- Extra Services Fee: this fee is set at $36.60 per day and covers expenses associated with the additional services provided at St Louis such as:
- Smart TVs for resident use
- Access to cable TV in resident lounge
- Resident wi-fi internet access
- Variety and choice in daily meal options including wine with evening meals
- Regular resident outings
- Performances and entertainers
- Means-tested Care Fee: this is a fee set by Centrelink based on an assessment of residents’ income and assets. Residents are not obligated to submit their income/assets for assessment. However, non-disclosure to Centrelink does result in payment of the maximum means-tested fee.