Bringing Your Loved One Home From The Hospital With Some Transition Care
Hospital to Home Services for Minor Procedures and Day Surgery
A little bit of transition care that first week at home after a hospital stay, goes a long way, even for minor procedures, and your loved one will appreciate it.
Whether you are living in Adelaide or away, providing this additional care for a parent right after hospital, helps them and also helps you to feel at peace, knowing your parent is receiving dedicated care and support. Not only does it help emotionally, mentally and physically, there is support to help their wellbeing during this time.
Why would you use transition care for a minor operation?
You might be living too far away from your parents to be able to care for them yourself or you may have a family and kids of your own to care for and you need some help.
Or it may simply be a case of preferring a professional to provide a wide range of care services for one of your parents or your loved one.
Our Hospital to Home transition care program goes for one week but can also cater for people just going in for day surgery, and includes the following:
- Transport – to and from the hospital, GP or day surgery, depending on where you have your procedure done
- Transport - to and from post surgery reviews
- Prescription collection and medication reminders
- Clinical and personal care – for things like wound care, showering and dressing
- My Aged Care Referral – for government funding and getting an understanding of home care services available to you.
Our Hospital to Home transition care package can be tailored to your needs and can provide 24x7 companionship and care if you think your parents, loved one or a person you care for would like this.
Why you will appreciate the extra support
- They will feel safer and cared for right after a surgical procedure which makes us all feel a little (or a lot) vulnerable
- There will be someone clinically trained to keep an eye on her health to ensure they are recovering to plan
- Medications and prescriptions will be collected and administered for her, one less thing she needs to worry about
- A little bit of home care right after a procedure will go a long way to help her recuperate back to good health and wellbeing
We are here to help you so please call the St Louis Home Care team on 1800 011 946 and chat with one of our helpful staff to discuss transition care. Or you can call the St Louis Home Care Team in Adelaide on (08) 8332 0950 or Victor Harbor on (08) 8552 1481.