A Career in Home Care
Personal Satisfaction, Longevity, Flexibility and Work-Life Balance
This year at St Louis we celebrate 75 years of looking after older South Australians. Over these decades, our people have made and continue to make St Louis a great organisation to work in. St Louis continues to be a caring and supportive environment for our residents, our clients and staff.
Working in home care is much more than just a job. Helping older people in your community live a better quality of life can give you a sense of personal satisfaction and reward that you may not have experienced in other fields of work. Many of our staff tell us that helping older people gain more happiness and health gives them a deeper sense of contribution to their community.
The wellbeing of our community across all generations increases when the elderly are taken care of and feel happier and healthier. The better we care for older people in our community, the more reason we all have to look forward to getting older ourselves.
Your work will help make this a reality.
- Do you enjoy connecting with people?
- Are you a nurturing individual by nature?
- Do you feel happy when you help other people improve their lives?
You don’t need experience in a previous caring role to work in home care or aged care. You just need to be a caring individual who likes helping other people.
To enjoy a role as a carer, you ideally need the following qualities:
- You need to be committed and dedicated to caring for others
- You’re working with people and their vulnerabilities so you must be reliable and adaptable
- A can-do attitude will help you more easily find solutions to the everyday issues that pop up when it comes to people, their habits and routines
- A respectful, responsible, courteous, polite approach
- You enjoy a conversation and enjoy connecting and being with people
- You are warm friendly, passionate, enthusiastic, compassionate and caring
- You’re able to remain calm under pressure
What Does A Career in Aged Care Offer?
A career in aged care offers personal satisfaction, longevity, flexibility and work-life balance.
Your service is focussed on creating positive outcomes for people and making a difference to the quality of their lives
Aged care is one of the fastest growing and dynamic industries in Australia and therefore will continue to provide many opportunities
You can work the hours to suit your lifestyle and accommodate your family and relationship commitment
There are many and varied roles that you can do in aged care once you begin working in the industry
Meet Our Team
Meet members of the St Louis Home Care team and find out why they love the work they do in their community.
Meet Sarah, Social Coordinator
“Giving back to older people in our community is important to me.”
Meet Chenee, Service Coordinator
“How I put my planning and problem solving skills to good use.”
Working for St Louis Aged Care
The sense of belonging and teamwork at St Louis is why our care workers love the work they do. Together with St Louis you’ll be part of our team that is committed to providing support for older people to maintain a good lifestyle in their own home. Our care is based on our motto “like family looking after family” and our focus is on improving the quality of living for our clients.
When you join St Louis, you’ll be joining and learning from a business with more than 70 years of experience in delivering a high standard of care to older people. We offer you:
- A comprehensive induction training
- Continuous and ongoing training and support
- The ability to work flexible hours
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to transfer skills if you have been in a caring role before and have let your registration lapse – home care gives you the opportunity to work in care role again
- The opportunity to work in both Adelaide and Victor Harbor
About St Louis Aged Care
St Louis has dedicated itself to the care of older South Australians for 75 years. Since 1946, we have developed and evolved our aged care services to continue providing the best aged care services for residents and home care clients. Our service is underpinned by our four values: Dignity, Respect, Choice, Fairness.
They’re the reason we’ve grown through the many changes in aged care over the decades, and why we continue to be a leading and trusted aged care provider in Adelaide and Victor Harbor today.