A long history of caring for South Australians
From its leafy location in the Adelaide suburb of Parkside, our St Louis Nursing Home has been caring for South Australian families for more than 70 years.
Our St Louis nursing home team looks after our close-knit 'family' of 45 residents, providing experienced, individualised and around-the-clock care and, importantly, warmth and companionship. We work together with our residents and their families to identify individual care needs to develop a tailored program of care that also incorporates various social and lifestyle activities to promote greater health and well-being.
Our nursing home is an accredited 'extra-service' care home, which means we have been recognised by the Australian Government as providing the highest level of care.
All the benefits of a nursing home
- Residency can be undertaken on a permanent or respite basis
- Spacious, designer interior and fully-furnished rooms, including state-of-the-art beds and individual ensuite amenities
- 24-hour onsite nursing and personal care
- Onsite allied health and GP services
With a social life too
At St Louis, we're redefining aged care and what it means to be in a nursing home. We offer a range of social, exercise and artistic programs aimed at keeping our residents happy, engaged and entertained.
Regular social outings to cafes, libraries, cinemas, shows, chocolate factories, museums and bowling centres (to name just a few) enable our residents to stay connected with the wider community. We also love for family members and friends to join us on these outings. But of course, we love family and friends joining us anytime, which is why we offer flexible visiting hours all week long at St Louis.
We pride ourselves on an ever-evolving menu to offer a range of delicious and dietitian-approved meals for our residents. All meals are freshly prepared onsite by our St Louis kitchen staff and any dietary requirements (or requests!) are of course easily accommodated.
Apply in just three steps
Because we know transitioning into residential care can seem complex and confronting, St Louis has introduced a three-step application process to make your move into our home as worry-free as possible:
- Ensure you're eligible to stay with us
To be eligible to move into residential care, you must first be assessed by the Australian Government Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). This straightforward process can be easily arranged by asking your GP or hospital discharge unit for an ACAT Assessment.
- Come and visit St Louis
We want you to meet the St Louis care team and visit our nursing home before you apply to stay with us. So, come for a visit and we'll take you on a tour and proudly show you our facilities and the lifestyle we offer to residents. This is also a great opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about life at St Louis, such as care arrangements, fee structures, resident lifestyle and current room availability. If you're interstate or otherwise unable to visit us in person, we'd be happy to send out an information pack. To arrange a visit or request an information pack, please call us on 8272 3344.
- Complete your application forms
To formally apply for residency with St Louis, please request an application kit. This kit contains several forms that need to be completed with basic personal, medical and legally-required financial information. Throughout this process, St Louis admissions staff are available should you need help understanding any element of these application forms.
Subject to room availability, St Louis will confirm acceptance of your application either directly or via your authorised representative. Our admissions team will then work with you and your family to establish a time-frame for your transition into our nursing home.
Personal and individualised care
As you are welcomed into our nursing home, one of our highly qualified Registered Nurses will undertake a comprehensive medical assessment, in collaboration with your GP. This assessment enables us to develop a care program tailored to suit your specific care needs.
St Louis Nursing Homes fees are set by the Department of Health and Department of Human Services:
- Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD) OR Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP) OR a combination of both
Room Type RAD DAP (per day) Extra large single room with ensuite $650,000 $98.65 Standard single room with ensuite $550,000 $83.47 Small single room with ensuite $350,000 $53.12 Shared double room with ensuite $90,000 per person $13.66 per person Double room with shared bathroom $45,000 per person $6.83 per person
- Basic Daily Fee: covers basic expenses and is set by the Department of Health for each resident following assessment.
- Extra Services Fee: this fee is set at $37.97 per day and covers expenses associated with the additional services provided at St Louis such as:
- Smart TVs for resident use
- Access to cable TV in resident lounge
- Resident wi-fi internet access
- Variety and choice in daily meal options including wine with evening meals
- Regular resident outings
- Performances and entertainers
- Means-tested Care Fee: this is a fee set by Centrelink based on an assessment of residents’ income and assets. Residents are not obligated to submit their income/assets for assessment. However, non-disclosure to Centrelink does result in payment of the maximum means-tested fee.