St Louis is 70!
St Louis Nursing Home was established on it's current site in Foster St Parkside in 1946 by Dorothy Mary Naish. Dorothy's son Tony ran the business from late 60s to late 90s when the current Administrator - Maris (Tony's son) took over.
In the early days St Louis Nursing home agisted cattle in the Parklands for the fee of 1 pound/year. The cattle provided milk for the nursing home residents and returned every night to the yards on Blyth St behind the nursing home - now occupied by St Louis On Blyth, Independent Living Units. Maybe that's why St Louis' roses bloom so well!